|09MOSCOW1981||2009-08-03 08:15:00||UNCLASSIFIED||Embassy Moscow|
1. Unauthorized disclosure of the information provided below is
prohibited by Section 12C of the Export Administration Act.
2. Reftel requested a post-shipment verification to determine the
legitimacy and reliability of the end-user, T.K. Brukvood, Moscow,
Russia. The company is listed on BIS license application: NLR as the
ultimate consignee of thirty two IB cable 4X 1M, CNDCTR: fitted
w/connector, volts and transmission equipment. These items are
controlled for anti-terrorism reasons under ECCN 5A991. The licensee
is Voltaire Inc., 6 Fortune Drive, Billerica, MA 01821.
3. On June 25, 2009, Export Control Attach Peter Liston and LES
Natalya Shipitsina conducted the requested post-shipment
verification at the offices of T.K. Brukvood, 4, Ilyinka Street,
Moscow, Russia. The export control team met with Ionas Varikoos,
4. T.K. Brukvood was founded in 1995 as a closed joint stock company
specializing in transportation services. It has 65 employees at
various offices throughout Moscow, Russia. As the transportation
company grew, it expanded into investment projects and the
electronics distribution market. T.K. BrukvoodQs headquarters is
located in prime real estate very close to the Kremlin. It has a
secure warehouse at a separate location that the Moscow export
control team did not see. The Qship toQ address on the invoice is a
mail drop facility that T.K. Brukvood uses to receive shipments.
5. The end user of the commodities in reftel is JSC QBirs KomQ,
Michurinsky pr. 8/29, Moscow, Russia, a long time customer of T.K.
Brukvood. The stated end use was cabling upgrade on an existing
electronics system. The reftel commodities will remain in Russia.
6. The Moscow export control team did not inspect the reftel
commodities because they had been forwarded to the end user in 2006.
There were no indications of impropriety and the consigneeQs answers
were not evasive.
7. Recommendations: Post recommends T.K. Brukvood, Moscow, Russia,
as a reliable recipient of sensitive U.S. origin commodities.