|07STATE160862||2007-11-28 13:09:00||UNCLASSIFIED||Secretary of State|
VZCZCXYZ0046 RR RUEHWEB DE RUEHC #0862 3321319 ZNR UUUUU ZZH R 281309Z NOV 07 FM SECSTATE WASHDC TO RUEHUL/AMEMBASSY SEOUL 0000 INFO RUCPDOC/USDOC WASHINGTON DC 0000 RUEKJCS/SECDEF WASHINGTON DC RUEPINS/HQ BICE INTEL WASHINGTON DC 0000
UNCLAS STATE 160862
1. This is an Action Request. See paragraphs 2-4.
2. The Department's Office of Defense Trade Controls
Compliance (PM/DTCC) requests Post's assistance in conducting
a post-shipment end-use check on license 05-050020811 for the
export of a Communication/Navigation Test Set to South Korea.
Post is requested to complete this Blue Lantern within 45
days. Lack of response to a Blue Lantern inquiry will affect
pending and future licenses involving parties to this license.
3. Reason for request: To establish the bona fides of the
foreign parties involved in this transaction.
4. Action request: Post should make inquiries to determine
the bona fides of the foreign consignee and end-user as
responsible recipients of United States Munitions List (USML)
items. Department requests that Post conduct a site visit to
the foreign consignee to assess its operations, reliability,
and on-site security. If a site visit is not possible, please
inform PM/DTCC case officer. The following questions provide
(To Korean Air M & E Division)
- Confirm receipt of USML items that were shipped under
- How long has your company been in the business of
importing and selling defense articles?
- Are you familiar with the restrictions against the
unauthorized re-export or retransfer of U.S.-origin defense
- What other products are sold by your company?
- Who are your regular customers and where are they located?
(To Korea Civil Aviation Safety Administration)
- Please confirm an order for the listed items on license
- How long has Korea Civil Aviation Safety Administration
done business with Korean Air M & E Division, and what is its
specific role in this transaction?
End action request.
5. Details of license application:
DTC Case: 05-050020811
1 T-36M Communication/Navigation Set
License Value: USD $11,500.
Tel-Instrument Electronics Corporation
728 Garden Street
Carlstadt, NJ 07072
Tel: (201)5933-1600 ext. 309
Korean Air M & E Division
1370 Gonghang-dong Gangseo-gu
Attn: Mr. Park
Tel: (82) 2 2656 3051
Korea Civil Aviation Safety Administration
274 Kwahea-dong Kangseo-gu
PURPOSE: The T-36M is used to operate rapid functional
testing of VOR/LOC/GS/MB and COMM (AM/FM) avionics equipment
of Challenger 601 aircraft of South Korea Civil Aviation
6. Submitted in support of the license application were the
following documents (PM/DTCC will fax documentation to Post
- Tel-Instrument Packing List dated 18 January 2007.
- Federal Express Shipper's Export Declaration (SED)
Shipper's Letter of Instruction - Express
dated 17 January 2007
7. Please slug reply for PM/DTCC - BLUE LANTERN COORDINATOR
and include the words "Blue Lantern" and the case number in
the subject line. POC is Rachael-Therese Joubert-Lin, Phone:
202-663-2950; Email: JoubertLinRS@state.gov; SIPRNET:
JoubertLinRS@state.sgov.gov. The Blue Lantern Guidebook
(ref) is available as a PDF file in the Bunche Library's
E-Book Collection on the DOS Intranet:
BlueLanternGuidebook2006%20 final .pdf
8. Department is grateful for Post's assistance in this