DE RUEHC #6992 3192233
ZNR UUUUU ZZH
R 152223Z NOV 07
FM SECSTATE WASHDC
TO AMEMBASSY CAIRO 0000
UNCLAS STATE 156992
SIPDIS CAIRO FOR LISA KENNA
E.O. 12958: N/A TAGS: EG ETTC KOMC SUBJECT: BLUE LANTERN LEVEL 3: PRE-LICENSE END-USE CHECK ON LICENSE 05-050073373
1. This is an Action Request. See paragraphs 2 - 4.
2. The Department's Office of Defense Trade Controls Compliance (PM/DTCC) requests Post's assistance in conducting a pre-license check on license 05-050073373 for the export of pistols to Egypt. Post is requested to complete this Blue Lantern check within 30 days. Lack of response to a Blue Lantern check will affect pending and future licenses involving parties to this license.
3. Reason for Request: To verify the bona fides of unknown end-user, M.M. Fathallah, and confirm its understanding of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
4. Action Request: Post should make inquiries to establish the bona fides of end-user, M.M. Fathallah, both with company officials and with appropriate GOE interlocutors.
The following points are provided for guidance:
--(To M.M. Fathallah): How long has M.M. Fathallah been in the business of importing and selling defense articles in Egypt? What services and products are sold by your company? Who are your regular customers and where do they reside? Are you familiar with the regulations governing the import of U.S.-origin defense articles, including restrictions on re-transfer or re-export?
In its reply, Post may also comment on any other information pertinent to this transaction such as security of facilities and concerns about the company.
5. Details of license application:
DTC Case: 05-050073373
20 9mm Pistols (S&W 910)
10 9mm Pistols (S&W M&P)
10 9mm Pistols (S7W SW9VE)
License Value: USD $16,050
RSR Group 4405 Metric Drive Winterpark, FL 32792
Same as end-user
M.M. Fathallah 24 Saad Zagloul St. Alexandria, Egypt
Commercial resale in Egypt.
6. Submitted in support of the license application were the following documents (PM/DTCC will fax documentation to Posts upon request):
Import license (and translation) for M.M. Fathallah dated 26 August 2007 (License No. 19813)
Order Confirmation Letter from M.M. Fathallah dated 21 August 2007
Importers Record (and translation) for MM. Fathallah issued by Egyptian Ministry of External Trade and Industry
7. Please slug reply for PM/DTCC - BLUE LANTERN COORDINATOR and include the words "Blue Lantern" and the case number in the subject line. POC is Kyle M. Ballard, Phone: 202-663-1929; Email: BallardKM@state.gov; SIPRNET: BallardKM@state.sgov.gov. The Blue Lantern Guidebook (ref) is available as a PDF file in the Bunche Library's E-Book Collection on the DOS Intranet: http://virtuallibrary.state.gov/ BlueLanternGuidebook2006%2520 final .pdf
8. Department is grateful for Post's assistance in this matter. RICE