|05SANTIAGO2042||2005-10-05 13:04:00||UNCLASSIFIED||Embassy Santiago|
This record is a partial extract of the original cable. The full text of the original cable is not available.
1. Per reftel, Embassy's Terrorism Finance Coordination
Officer (TFCO) is Deputy Chief of Mission Emi Lynn Yamauchi
YamauchiEL@state.sgov.gov) and Deputy TFCO is EPOL Officer
Stephanie Acosta-Mikulasek (56-2-330-3394;
2. Per reftel request, Embassy agrees that coordination among
TFCOs, and between TFCOs and appropriate State and Treasury
offices, would be improved by regional conferences, visits to
post by TF experts, regular email updates by TF offices, a
virtual working group to share best practices, and regional
training for host country nationals.
3. To better engage host country, Post suggests an awareness
campaign targeting banks/other relevant institutions and
agencies, and subsequently the general public.
4. The TFCO has not received training on TF or CT. The
Deputy TFCO attended PE-141 training at FSI in July 2005, but
has not received CT training.
5. Post would welcome training opportunities (including
central funding) and any communication related to TF and CT.