DE RUEHKG #1124 1582041
ZNR UUUUU ZZH
R 072041Z JUN 06
FM AMEMBASSY KINGSTON
TO RUEHC/SECSTATE WASHDC 2978
RUEATRS/DEPT OF TREASURY WASHDC
UNCLAS KINGSTON 001124
STATE FOR WHA/CAR(BENT)
TREASURY PLEASE PASS TO IET (SBRUKBACHER)
E.O. 12958: N/A TAGS: OTRA EFIN JM SUBJECT: COUNTRY CLEARANCE GRANTED: TREASURY OFFICE ADVISORS DAVID CHAINER, KARL OROZ, RONALD CLEAVER AND JOHN ANDERSON
REF: DEPT OF TREASURY 051324Z JUN 06
1. Post grants country clearance to Treasury Office of Technical Assistance Financial Enforcement Advisors David Chainer, Karl Oroz, Ronald Cleaver and John Anderson for travel to Jamaica June 12, 2006 through June 30, 2006. Post understands the travelers are to present OTA's Financial Investigations Training Seminar to REDTRAC.
2. The Control Officer for this visit will be Economic Officer John Morgan, telephone number (876) 935-6028; Fax no. (876) 935-6029.
3. Post confirms that no additional assistance is required.
4. Visitors traveling to Jamaica for periods less than two weeks do not require a visa.
5. There has been no specific threat directed against official American visitors or American tourists who visit Jamaica. However, Jamaica has been designated a high threat country because of street crime. It is recommended that caution be exercised while traveling in Kingston. Walking after dark is not advised. Care should be taken if driving at night. Overall, the same level of awareness should be exercised as in a similar sized city in the United States.
6. Travelers' checks can be exchanged for Jamaican dollars at a local bank located near the Embassy. ATM machines are also available.