1. (SBU) At least 28 Palestinians have died since July 26, including civilians, during an IDF incursion into the Shijaya and surrounding neighborhoods in Gaza City. According to medical sources, at least 80 Palestinians have sustained injuries during the operation, which is ongoing as of 1400 L on July 27. Many of the injuries are reportedly shrapnel wounds from IDF tank fire. Elsewhere in Gaza, the IAF fired several rockets into a building in northern Gaza, leveling the entire three-story structure.
2. (SBU) At least seven Qassam rockets were launched from northern Gaza toward Sderot and the Western Negev overnight July 26-27. There were no reported injuries or damage. An additional two rockets were fired the morning of July 27 in the direction of Sderot. No injuries or damage reported.
3. (SBU) In the West Bank, the IDF overnight July 26-27 arrested seven Palestinians, including Hamas legislative council member Ahmad Mubarak (Ramallah). In Kufr Qadoum village east of Qalqilya, the IDF surrounded and demolished a house in search of wanted al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades activist Hamada Shaker. The IDF shot and wounded Shaker as he attempted to escape. Shaker later died from his injuries. Palestinians in Tulkarm and Nablus (approx. 5,000) demonstrated July 27 to express solidarity with Hezbollah and the Lebanese people.
4. (SBU) The Rafah, Karni/al-Mintar, and Nahal Oz crossings are all closed July 27, according to USAID Gaza-based staff. Both Rafah and Karni/al-Mintar crossings were closed July 26, while the Nahal Oz fuel transfer station was operational on July 26.
5. (SBU) All ten electricity feeder lines from Israel into Gaza are operational July 27.