This record is a partial extract of the original cable. The full text of the original cable is not available.
UNCLAS SECTION 01 OF 02 DJIBOUTI 000582
DEPARTMENT FOR DS/PSD/PCB AND OBO/PE/CSM
E.O. 12958: N/A TAGS: ASEC ABLD AMGT KSEO DJ SUBJECT: EMBASSY DJIBOUTI CONSTRUCTION SECURITY PLAN (CSP)-INSTALLATION OF AIR CONDITIONING UNITS IN CAA
REF: DJIBOUTI 578
SENSITIVE BUT UNCLASSIFIED. PLEASE PROTECT ACCORDINGLY.
1. (U) This is an ACTION REQUEST. See paragraph 12.
2. (U) This telegram constitutes the Construction Security Plan (CSP) for the installation of split-pack air conditioning units in the Executive Suite of the CAA of Embassy Djibouti. This project requires confirmation. No action/work will be undertaken for this project until notification of completed confirmation action is received from the Department.
3. (SBU) Statement of Work: The subject project involves the installation of FOUR (4) split-pack air conditioning units in the Executive Suite of the CAA of Embassy Djibouti. There is no work in the core areas involved in this project. The four (4) split-pack air conditioning units will be installed on the walls of the CAA, with a four to five inch penetration made in CAA outer wall for the refrigerant and drainage tubes of the split unit. The current air conditioning system for this area has failed and the installation of these split units will service the Executive Suite of the CAA until the completion of the NEC construction project in late 2008, some three years hence. The work for installation of the split units will be accomplished in the following manner:
A. Boring of Hole in outer wall for passage of refrigerant and drainage tubes. (One hour required)
B. Installation of new split pack A/C unit including electrical connections. (five hours total)
C. Testing of unit (One hour total)
D. Cleanup and retouch (one hour total)
4. (U) Estimated start date: 26 June 2005
5. (SBU) Estimated completion date: The placement of each split unit will take less than one (1) day (8/hour day, M-F). The installation of all four units will take no more than five (5) days. Work for installation of each unit will begin and be finished the same day. The estimated completion date for this project is 1 July 2005, or earlier if approval of this CSP can be expedited.
6. (SBU) Estimated Cost: US $1567.00 plus overtime of $ 212.00 for each split installation. Total of approximately $ 7836.00 for all four units.
7. (SBU) Labor Schedule: Locally Employed Staff (LES) employees of the Embassy will perform the A/C unit installation and connection. There will be a total of four (4) LES workers performing the tasks. Criminal and other indices checks have already been conducted on these embassy employees with negative results. As work will take place within CAA, the LES employees performing the work will be under continuous escort and surveillance by appropriately cleared American employees. Two cleared American employees will monitor the four LES workers to maintain the proper escort ratio.
8. (U) Procurement plan: The split units and materials for this project will be acquired through random selection from post stock (4 units to be selected from 49 units available from post stock at GSO).
9. (SBU) Secure Storage: Split units after random selection will be taken to and maintained in secure storage in the CAA, and maintained under surveillance and U.S. control.
10. (SBU) The Embassy RSO is designated as the primary Site Security Manager (SSM) and will interface regularly with the construction personnel and security escorts to insure compliance with security procedures. The RSO (SSM) will have unrestricted access to the work site to ensure full compliance with proper security procedures and requirements. The RSO (SSM) may delegate the day-to-day operations of this project to the GSO, MO, or other security personnel, but remains responsible for the security requirements associated with this specific project. The RSO (SSM) may supplement, but will not lessen the provisions of this CSP as required by local conditions or prevailing circumstances. The RSO (SSM) will promptly notify the escort personnel of any security inconsistencies or unauthorized work materials found on the site. The RSO SSM), in consultation with OBO/PE/SM/OPB and DS/PSD/CAT, may hold the project in abeyance pending resolution of any inconsistencies or security related issues until such a time as remedial actions are taken to resolve the problem.
11. (SBU) Project documentation: The Escort Personnel, acting by and through the RSO (SSM), will maintain a log, which identifies workers, materials, details of work, and any anomalies. The RSO (SSM) will immediately report any deviation from the CSP plan to DS/PSD/CAT and OBO/PE/SM/OPB. The log will be verified daily by the RSO (SSM) and become part of the permanent project documentation to support any additional technical inspections.
12. (SBU) ACTION REQUESTED: Embassy Djibouti requests DS/PSD/CAT review and concur with this CSP. Work is estimated to start in late June, or earlier if approval of this CSP is received. Points of contact for this project are RSO Marc Ramos, x2307, GSO-Marissa Scott, x2238, and Management officer-Howard McGowan, x2313. Embassy Djibouti Telephone is (011) (253) 35-39-95.