This record is a partial extract of the original cable. The full text of the original cable is not available.
UNCLAS SECTION 01 OF 02 THE HAGUE 002144
STATE FOR L/EX - MCCANNELL/FINK, L/CID - CLODFELTER/CALAMITA, AND NEA
E.O. 12958: N/A TAGS: AFIN AMGT KICT NL SUBJECT: IRAN-U.S. CLAIMS TRIBUNAL: SECOND QUARTER BUDGET CONTRIBUTION FY 2003-2004
1. THIS IS AN ACTION MESSAGE. PLEASE SEE PARAGRAPH TWO.
2. We have received from Secretary-General Pinto of the Iran-U.S. Claims Tribunal the request for our Second Quarter, 2003/2004 Budget Contribution of USDOLS 625,729. Iran received in parallel an identical request. Please note that the check must reach the Office of the Legal Counselor at Embassy The Hague for delivery to the Tribunal by October 15,
3. TEXT OF LETTER AND ATTACHMENT FOLLOWS:
//Begin text of letter//
IRAN-UNITED STATES CLAIMS TRIBUNAL Parkweg 13 - 2585 JH THE HAGUE THE NETHERLANDS
15 August 2003
Mr. C.M. Johnson Agent of the United States of America to the Iran-US Claims Tribunal THE HAGUE
Dear Mr. Johnson,
Budget 2003/2004 - Contribution for Second Quarter of the Financial Year 2003/2004
Please refer to the decision of the Tribunal at its 137th meeting on 4 November 2002, adopting the Tribunal's Budget for the Financial year 1 July 2003 - 30 June 2004 in an amount of US$ 5,005,832.
In accordance with the Tribunal's decision, I have the honor to request the two Governments to contribute in equal shares that amount of the total which would be required for the Second Quarter of the said Financial Year, i.e. US$ 1,251,458 in equal shares, each share being US$ 625,729.
Accordingly I request that your Government remit the amount of US$ 625,729 to reach the Tribunal no later than 15 October
Estimates for the Second Quarter of the Financial Year 2003/2004 are enclosed for your information.
Yours sincerely, /s/ M.C.W. Pinto
cc. Agent of the Islamic Republic of Iran
//END TEXT OF LETTER//
//BEGIN TEXT OF ESTIMATES//
ESTIMATES FOR THE SECOND QUARTER OF FINANCIAL YEAR 2003/2004 1 OCTOBER 2003 - 31 DECEMBER 2003
1. Emoluments 1,046,720.50
2. Travel and Overtime 24,750.00
3. Fees for Professional and consultancy Services 23,875.00
4. Rent (no provision) nil
5. Maintenance, servicing & Hire of Equipment 7,375.00
6. Security (no provision) nil
7. Insurance 34,987.50
8. Utilities 28,750.00
9. Sanitation & Cleaning 11,750.00
10. Food and Beverage Services 2,500.00
11. Transport 1,250.00
12. Purchase of Capital & Expendable Items 14,000.00
13. Miscellaneous 13,750.00
14. Building Alterations and Maintenance 38,750.00
//END TEXT OF ESTIMATES//
4. The letter and attachment were faxed to L/EX- Fink and L/CID - Clodfelter/Calamita on August 15, 2003. A hard copy of the letter was also sent by DHL to L/CID - Clodfelter.